iPCU (iPhone Configuration Utility) lets you easily configure iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad to work with your enterprise system OR switch on features that aren’t enabled by default or configurable on device.
★★★★★★★★★★ WHY ★★★★★★★★★★
1) Configure APN settings and cellular proxy
If you need to change the device’s APN (Access Point Name) and cell network proxy settings or switch between a public APN and a corporate APN, iPCU can help you ease the whole process.
2) Configure VPN connections for
• IPsec Cisco
• Cisco AnyConnect
• Juniper SSL
• F5 SSL
• SonicWALL mobile connect
• Aruba VIA
3) Configure Email
Easily setup Email for both private and enterprise account.
4) Configure Calendars
Let iOS devices synchronize calendar with your company’s CalDAV server OR add read-only subscriptions to the device’s Calendar app.
5) Configure CardDav
Let iOS devices access your company’s contact list.
6) Configure EAP-SIM enabled WiFi hotspot
Whenever accessing any of the WiFi hotspot (Network) below and you are prompted to enter username and password, iPCU can help you get free access to it. Furthermore, it makes your device automatically connected whenever the network is available. (Save 3G data traffic and let you enjoy faster WiFi connection)
Mobile operator (WiFi network)
• SwissCom ( MOBILE-EAPSIM )
• Telia ( homerun1x )
• SingTel ( SingTel Highspeed WIFI )
• Free Mobile ( FreeWifi_secure )
• PCCW ( PCCW1x )
☛ Hotspot names are case sensitive. Please enter exactly the same string you see in “Settings” -> “Wi-Fi” -> “Choose a network…”
7) More features will be coming soon.
★★★★★★★★★★ HOW ★★★★★★★★★★
1) Local install
First create a profile and then tap the Install button. Safari helps you load the configuration profile and launch the installer. Follow the “Install Profile Howto” in the screenshot image below.
2) Distributing by Email
Enter your or others’ Email address and then tap the Send button. Later on, all recipients can open up Mail App and the iPCU Email they have received. Tap the attached profile, iPCU.mobileconfig to launch the installer and follow the “Install profile Howto”.
3) Distributing on the Web via FTP + SMS
FTP the profile, iPCU.mobileconfig to your Web server. Your audiences can then install the profile by browsing it from their Safari. iPCU has integrated an SMS module to let you easily distribute the URL to your users. Installing a profile is as easy as tapping a URL in the SMS.
★★★★★★★★★★ TIPS ★★★★★★★★★★
1) Network administrators or IT professionals, from now on you can forget about being asked over and over again “how to configure our corporate VPN” or “my Email account doesn’t work”, simply pre-config the profile in iPCU with an “allstaff” Email sent out to your fellow co-workers. Problem solved! Besides, Less human errors are made while you can pre-configure the corporate VPN connection or Email account and send the working (proven) profile to your co-workers or friends. Not to mention, they can’t mess up (modify) the settings by mistakes.
2) If you have a SIM from the operator listed above, you should have access to their WiFi network for FREE. In the case you can’t (WiFi Hotspot still asks for Username and Password that you don’t have), enter the wireless network name in iPCU WiFi item; install the profile on your iPhone; select the secured WiFi network in “Settings” -> “Wi-Fi”, from now on you have free access to their WiFi networks (securely authenticated by your SIM identity).
3) As for APN and Proxy settings. If your phone doesn’t get APN settings from the air (can happen when you are traveling abroad) set them manually in iPCU, install the profile and then enjoy the 3G services. Or use iPCU to install your corporate APN settings and later on you can remove the profile from “Settings” when you no longer need it. This way you can easily switch between Internet and your Intranet.